You bought a big scary camera. Now what?
iWink Studios has helped over 1000 students learning photography as hobbyists or becoming a professional. iWink Studios’ 3 Digital Photography Fundamentals (DPF) Class Series, take students from zero knowledge of photography to knowing everything they need to know to become an experienced photographer in just 12 weeks. Each series consists of 4 classes that meet once a week in the evenings for 2 hours. Class sizes are kept small for students to have plenty of one-on-one interaction with the instructor.
Basically, 3 semesters worth of college-level photography classes are condensed into 24 hours of instructions, particularly geared towards getting practical to-the-point information instead of spending a year of a half in classes multiple times a week, turning-in homework assignments, fighting for parking, and paying outrageous tuition costs.
Classes are put together in a way that each class has completely separate information that doesn’t relate to the other classes in the series, so if you miss a class, you won’t be behind the following week. This way, vacations, work travel, or getting sick don’t set you back from taking classes.
If you answer yes, to any of the of the following questions, DPF classes are for you:
- Do you have a digital camera and want to learn how to take better pictures in a relaxed and fun atmosphere?
- Are you only using Auto mode and wonder why your pictures look boring, blurry, too dark, too bright, etc?
- Do you want to learn about shutter speed, aperture, f-stop and ISO?
- Are you looking to purchase photography equipment and don’t know what all the confusing terms mean?
- Do you want to learn how to use camera flash without overwhelming bright values and shadows?
- Want to get an introduction and learn best practices on Photoshop and Lightroom?
- Want to learn about lighting methods and working with studio lights?
- Want to learn good composition methods to create amazing catchy images that mesmerize the viewer and can’t get their eyes off the image? Or maybe even learning tips of how to make people look skinnier in pictures?
Sammy Zargaran, co-founder and main instructor at iWink Studios, has developed these courses while working as a professional photographer and having 20 years of teaching experience. He believes that photography classes are most effective when they are hands-on, and students are able to practice with their cameras in class, rather than typical high school or college classes that are mostly theory. His methodology is that we are mostly visual and kinesthetic learners rather than auditory learners, and with our low attention spans these days, iWink Studios’ hands-on approach ensures to keep the students engaged and enthusiastic throughout the class for optimal learning experience.
Fee: $199/4 weeks (Regularly $350)
Location: 2646 Dupont Drive #220, Irvine, CA 92612
Mon – Jun 22-Jul 13 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Wed – Jul 29-Aug 19 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Mon – Sep 14-Oct 5 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Mon – Jul 20-Aug 10 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Wed – Aug 26-Sep 16 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Mon – Oct 12-Nov 2 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Mon – Aug 17-Sep 7 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Wed – Sep 25-Oct 14 – 6:00-8:00 pm
Mon – Nov 9-Dec 6 – 6:00-8:00 pm